How to Test using the Keto-Mojo GKI Meter
Ketone & Glucose Testing
Set up your meter correctly and have all the materials you will need ready before you begin testing. This includes your Keto-Mojo GKI Multi-function Meter, Keto-Mojo Blood Glucose test strips, Keto-Mojo Blood Ketone test strips, and Keto-Mojo lancing device and lancets.
Preparing the Test Strip
- Wash and dry your hands well before testing.
- Remove a test strip from the test strip foil pouch.
- Insert the test strip into the meter in the direction of the arrows.
- A symbol with a test strip with a flashing blood symbol will appear letting you know the meter is ready to test.
Note: Check the expiration and discard dates on the test strip foil pouch. All expiration dates are printed in Year-Month format. 2021-01 indicates January, 2021. Make sure the test strip does not appear damaged. Prior to testing, wipe and dry the test site with an alcohol swab or soapy water. Make sure there is no cream or lotion on the test site.
- Prick a freshly cleaned and dry area of your fingertip using the included lancing device, then ensure you get a blood droplet ( about half the size of a matchstick head.) You have 3 minutes to get a reading before the meter will shut off.
- With the strip still in the meter, bring the droplet on your finger to the tip of the strip; on contact, it will pull in the blood via capillary action. Hold the tip of the test strip in the blood drop until the meter beeps.
Note: If the blood sample does not fill the check window, do not add a second drop. Discard the test strip and start over with a new test strip.
- Wait while the unit counts down, then gives you your result.
- For Glucose testing, the meter counts down from 5 to 1, and for Ketone testing, the meter counts down from 9 to 1. And then the result appears on the display. The test result will automatically be stored in the meter memory. Please do not touch the test strip during the countdown as this may result in an error.
Discard the Used Test Strip
You can eject and discard the used test strip by using the strip ejector. Meter turns off automatically after a beep.
(Want to see how it works? Watch a video of the process.)