When & How to use the Control Solution
All our meters are calibrated to a control before they leave the factory.
It is very rare to need a control solution as meters seldom fall out of calibration. Its written in the manual so folks know they have a way to benchmark if they feel the meter is not working correctly.
When Should the Control Solution Test be Performed?
● if you suspect the meter or test strips are not working properly,
● if your test results are not consistent with how you feel, or if you think the results are not accurate,
● to practice the testing process, or
● if you have dropped or think you may have damaged the meter.
How to use the Control Solution
To perform a control solution test, you will need: Your Meter, A Strip and the Control Solution
1. Insert the test strip to turn on your meter
Wait for the meter to display “ The Strip Symbol ” and “ Blood Droplet ”.
2. Apply control solution
Shake the control solution vial thoroughly before use. Squeeze out the first drop and wipe it off, then squeeze out another drop and place it on the tip of the vial cap. Hold the meter to move the absorbent hole of the test strip to touch the drop. Once the confirmation window fills completely, the meter will begin counting down.
• Your device will tag this measurement as QC test automatically.
• To avoid contaminating the control solution, do not directly apply control solution onto a strip.
3. Read and compare the result-
After counting down to 0, the control solution test result will appear on the display. Compare this result with the range printed on your test strip vial and it should fall within this range. If not, please read the instructions again and repeat the control solution test. With “QC” displayed, the meter will store your test result in memory under “QC”.
Please refer to the Owner's Manual that came with your meter or can be downloaded online for complete testing instructions.