What does an E-2 error on my Keto-Mojo meter mean and how can I fix it?
E-2 errors are generally caused by the year not being correctly programmed into the meter, which causes the meter to think your strips have expired. The good news is, there's an easy fix.
How to Set the Proper Date on Your Keto-Mojo Meter
- Open up the rear back cover of your Keto-Mojo meter and press the orange setting button just once.
- Look at the front of the meter to see the year displayed and flashing. Use the big front (M) button just below the screen to advance the year; you'll need to advance it past 2050 if it's past the current year. Once you do that, it will revolve back to 2005. Keep pressing until you get to the current year.
- Continue to follow the setup procedure with the standard settings. This quick video will show you how.
- Now, insert the code chip card that came in the box with your ketone strips, CH will show for a few seconds, (CH means CHecking). Wait until the code is displayed on the screen and make sure it matches the code on your vial of ketone strips.
- Take a fresh ketone strip, unused with no blood on it, and place it in the meter. It will show CH for Checking. Then it will display the same code that is on the side of the vial. (This last step tells us that your meter is all setup and recognizing the strip correctly and is now ready for use)
- It's now time for a test with a blood sample, here is a link on how to do that using the lancet device.
You should be ready to go! If you're still having problems, contact Customer Support.