Information about Control Solutions
Because all of our meters are calibrated to a control before they leave the factory, we do not include control solutions in our Keto-Mojo kits.
Control solutions are a way to test your meter so you know that it is giving you accurate results. However, it's very rare to need a control solution for a Keto-Mojo meter, as our meters seldom fall out of calibration. That said, we include information about control solutions in our manual so you will know you have a way to benchmark if you feel your meter is not working properly. Our control solutions contain a known amount of β-Ketone or Glucose that can react with Keto-Mojo test strips.
You can purchase control solutions on our website, right here.
Reasons that Merit a Control-Solution Test for Your Keto-Mojo Meter:
- You suspect the meter or test strips are not working properly.
- You have dropped or think you may have damaged the meter.
- Your blood ketone or glucose test results are not consistent with how you feel.
- You think the results are inaccurate.
- You're a control freak and just wanna know :)
- You're practicing the testing process.
You can check the performance of the meter, test strip, and your technique by comparing the control solution results with the range printed on the label of test strip vial. Checking regularly ensures your test results are accurate.
If your control-solutions quality control check fails, conduct another quality control check or contact Customer Service.
Please refer to the Owner's Manual that came with your meter or can be downloaded online for complete testing instructions.