What is the E-F error and how do I fix it?
An E-F Error is a Fill error, in such the meter is not getting enough blood for a reading. We feel you here, E-F errors suck!
Here are some good tips and tricks to make to get good blood flow for easy sampling every time.
- Prep your Lancet device and adjust the depth selector, there are six settings from soft or thin skin to thick or calloused skin. With experience you will be able to find the optimal depth for your skin. Have your meter at hand ready to test.
- Wash your hands in warm water water prior to testing. (It is always good practice to wash your hands, prior to any test. We also like to use an alcohol swab to clean the area before use as well).
- Rub the area before testing to encourage blood flow to the extremity.
- Grip the finger you are going to test with your index finger and thumb of your other hand and squeeze for about 12 seconds (this increases hydrostatic pressure, pinker finger is a nice guide for this).
- Quickly prick your with the lancet device, then wait 4 seconds, Then gently squeeze around pricked area until you have a droplet about half the size of the matchstick head.
- Place fresh unused strip in meter wait while it checks CH. When its ready the droplet icon flashes
- With the strip still in the meter bring the droplet on your finger to the tip of the strip, on contact it will suck the blood into the strip via capillary action.
- Meter will countdown and give you your result
- With practice you will get better at obtaining a reliable sample size. We find the glucose strips are the best to practice with as they are super affordable.