How and When to Use the Control Solution for Keto-Mojo Meters
All Keto-Mojo meters are calibrated to a control before they leave the factory. It's very rare to need a control solution, as meters seldom fall out of calibration. However, we mention control solutions in our Owner's Manual so you know you have a way to benchmark if you feel the meter is not working correctly. If you're not sure whether you need to test your meter with control solution, consider the following.
When Should the Control Solution Test be Performed?
● if you suspect the meter or test strips are not working properly,
● if your test results are not consistent with how you feel, or if you think the results are not accurate,
● to practice the testing process, or
● if you have dropped or think you may have damaged the meter.
How to Use the Control Solution
- Make sure you have your meter. an unused test strip, and the Control Solution.
- Insert the test strip to turn on your meter. Wait for the meter to display the test strip symbol and the blood droplet.
- Shake the control solution vial thoroughly. Squeeze out the first drop and wipe it off, then squeeze out another drop and place it on the tip of the vial cap. With the strip in the meter, gently move the absorbent tip of the test strip to touch the drop. Once the strip's confirmation window fills completely, the meter will begin counting down.
NOTICE: • Your device will tag this measurement as QC test automatically. • To avoid contaminating the control solution, do not apply control solution directly from the bottle onto a strip.
- Read and compare the result. After counting down to 0, the control solution test result will appear on the display. Compare this result with the range printed on the side of your strip vial; if your meter is working properly, the results should fall within this range. If the results do not fall within range, please read the instructions again and repeat the control solution test. With “QC” displayed, the meter will store your test result in memory under “QC.”
Note: Each bottle of control solution has a code written on the bottle. Ketones; L1 or L2. Glucose W2 or B3. You will find the range on your strips under control solution range
Please refer to the Owner's Manual that came with your meter or download it here for complete testing instructions.