Setting up your GKI Meter
SETTING THE METER
To watch a short video on how to set up your meter, click here. Or follow the instructions below.
Before using your meter for the first time or if you change your meter battery, you should check and update your meter settings.
Your Keto-Mojo comes with batteries installed. Pull the clear tab to expose the battery connection.
Set the Date and Time -
- Start with the meter off (with no test strip inserted).
- Press and hold the Main power button (on the front of the meter) for more than 2 seconds until the meter beeps to enter the set up mode.
- You have two options for time format--12h or 24h.
- Press the button on the left side of the meter to adjust and set the clock for 12 or 24 hour mode, then press the main power button to save your choice. Now you can proceed to set the date.
- Set the date; it's critical that your meter is set to the correct date. If your meter is not in the current year, you will receive errors and waste test strips. The year will now flash on the display. Press the button on the left side of the meter to adjust it until the year setting is completed, then press the power button until the meter beeps to set.
- Next MONTH will be flashing. To advance the Month, press the button on the side of the meter until the correct month appears. Press the Main power button until the meter beeps to set the month.
- Now, DAY is flashing. To advance the Day, press the button on the side of the meter until the correct day appears. Press the Main power button until the meter beeps to set the day.
- Set the time: Set the time After the date setting is completed, press the power button until the meter beeps to set, the hour will now flash. Press the side button to adjust the current hour until the hour setting is completed, then press the power button until the meter beeps to set.
- The minute will now flash, press the side button to adjust the minute until the minute setting is completed.
Note: Before your first use of the meter for testing, please adjust the meter settings to set the correct date and time, ensuring that results stored in the memory are shown with the correct date and time.
- Set the audio feature After setting the time, press the power button until the meter beeps to set, the word beep will now flash. Press the side button to set ON or OFF, press the power button to save the audio setting.
- Set the Test Alarm After the audio setting is completed, the meter will enter the test alarm setting mode, the reminder function reminds users to take a measurement. You can set up to 5 reminders per day. If you turn 5 test alarms on (A1, A2, A3, A4 and A5), your meter is pre-set with the following times for your convenience, you can adjust each time to suit your needs.
- A1 7:00 A2 9:00 A3 14:00 A4 18:00 A5 22:00
- Before you set the alarm time, the (Clock symbol) and the word “OFF” will be displayed, symbol “A1” flashes. Press side button to turn the alarm function on or off, and press power button to save.
- If you select “On”, the hour flashes, “A1” and the will remain on the display. Press side button to select the hour. Press power button to set.
- The minute flashes, press side button to select 00, 15, 30, or 45. These are the only choices, press power button to set.
- The next alarm “A2” flashes on the display with “OFF”.
- You can either set a second alarm by pressing side button to turn on the second alarm. Do the same procedures to set the rest alarms.
Note: If the meter is on at the test reminder time, the test alarm will not get activated.
- Set the Meal Marker After setting the test alarm functions, the symbols of will now flash, along with word “On” on the display. Press the side button to turn the meal marker function on or off, press power button to set
- Set the Hypoglycemia (Hypo) Warning After setting the meal marker, you can set the hypo alarm, which indicates a possible hypoglycemic condition (blood sugar level too low). After you have confirmed the selection of setting test alarm, the flashes on the display along with “On” on the display. Press side button to turning the Hypo alarm function on or off, press power button to set. If you select the hypo alarm “on”, the display shows 70 mg/dL with the symbol of “GLU” on the display, press power button to set.
Notes: • Talk to your healthcare professional to help you decide the hypo level that suit for health condition. • For healthcare professionals, the hypoglycemic level may vary from person to person. It is recommended to turn the hypo alarm function OFF when using the meter in a professional facility.
- Set the Ketone Warning After the hypo warning setting is completed, the symbol now will flash, along with word “On” on the display. Press side button to turn the Ketone Warning on or off, press power button to set.
- If you turn Ketone Warning on, the symbol will appear with the other symbols that you have set before. After setting Ketone Warning, the screen will show all symbols which you have set before. Press power button and the meter will be turned off.
All of these parameters can ONLY be changed while the meter is in the setting mode;
If you want to change the setting, please press and hold the power button when the meter is powered off and then return to the setting mode