How do I use the lancet device?
- Our lancet device, which comes with every Keto-Mojo kit, looks like a fat pen and is your tool for getting the blood sample you need for a Keto-Mojo glucose or ketone test. Using it is quite easy. So much so that you can learn pretty much everything you need to know by watching this 88 second video! If you still need some tips after watching the video, read on!
How to Use Your Keto-Mojo Lancet Device
- Prepare your sample site: Before you test, wash your hands the area where you plan to take the blood sample thoroughly with warm, soapy water. Rinse and dry.
- Remove the white cap on of the Keto-Mojo lancet device by twisting it to the right.
- Insert a sterile Lancet into the lancing device: Insert the lancet into the holder and push in firmly. Twist the protective disk until it separates from the lancet and save the disk for helping with safe lancet disposal later.. Do not twist the lancet. You may need to straighten the lancet manually.
- Replace the lancet device's white cap by snapping it back on to the left. It may seem like it won't snap. This is normal, just twist.
- Adjust the depth setting: The lancet device has six puncture-depth settings, Smaller numbers are for a shallower puncture, and larger numbers are for a deeper puncture. Shallower punctures work for children and most adults. Deeper punctures work well for people with thick or callused skin. Twist the cap to set the device to your preferred setting. NOTE: A shallower puncture may be less painful. Try a shallower setting first and increase the depth until you find the one deep enough to get a blood sample with enough volume.
- Prepare the lancing device: Pull the grey knob at the end of the device until it clicks. You will see an orange highlight in the button on the side of the of the lancet device.
- Puncture your finger: Hold the lancet device firmly against the side of your finger. Press the clear button on the side of the device (with the orange glow) to initiate a quick, relatively painless puncture. Remove the lancing device from your finger.
- Get a round drop of blood: Gently squeeze or massage your fingertip until a round drop of blood appears on your fingertip. If the blood smears or runs, do not use that sample. Dry the area and gently squeeze another drop of blood or puncture a new site.
Tips for Getting Better Blood Flow
- Run your hand under warm water.
- Circle your finger with the thumb and pointer finger of my other hand and squeeze the blood finger tight, cutting off circulation to that finger till the tip turns a little red.
- Rub your finger.
- Watch the video below to see the tips in action: